A general award as recognition.
First Team Tie:
This is the âlowestâ award and names of recipients do not have to be submitted to the Colours Committee. The ties is the black tie with the lighthouse and the word âname of activityâ embroided onto it.
Blazer with badge, with red lettering under the badge (scroll)
Blazer with school badge and braiding and scroll with white lettering under the badge.
Blazer with braiding and special badge with wreath.
ACADEMIC METAL BADGE
1. Academic Award
2. Merit Award
3. Veritas Award
These awards are based on marks obtained during the first 3 term of the academic year, in the ratio 25% : 50% : 25% respectively. These awards are given at the annual Prize Giving Ceremony.
1. A learner should be nominated in at least 3 subjects for diligence.
2. A learner should have progressed in at least 3 subjects.
For progression in a subject a learner must increase his/her term mark from term 1 to term 3 with at least 10 percent. With a difference of at least 4 percent between any two consecutive terms. The average for the subject must be above 50%
3. A learner should be nominated in 2 subjects for diligence and progressed in one
4. A learner should have progressed in 1 subject and be nominated in 2 subjects for diligence.
5. Any subject above 80% for grades 4 - 9 and 75% for grades 10 - 12.
IF A LEARNER COMPLY WITH ANY ONE OF THE ABOVE, THE LEARNER WILL BE AWARDED FOR THAT ACHIEVEMENT AND ALSO EVERYTHING ELSE THAT MAY FOLLOW REGARDING THE LEARNERS ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENTS.
Hood STreet, West Bank, East London